|TurboFast - Turbo
Power Calculator Ver 2.0
- Bore: Cylinder diameter in inches.
- Stroke: Engine stroke in inches.
- Number of cylinders: Number of cylinders.
- R.P.M: Engine revolutions per minute.
- Ambient air temp: Air temperature of of the day, in degrees
Centigrade. To convert Fahrenheit to Centigrade, C = (5 \ 9) * (F - 32)
- Engine VE: Engine Volumetric Efficiency in percent. VE
changes with engine RPM, a engine at wide open throttle at 3000rpm could
have a VE of 90% and at 6000 rpm 60%. This is a rough guide. At maximum
RPM modified engines may have a better VE, e.g.: average overhead valve
engines 45% to 75%, overhead cam twin valve 65% to 80%, four valves per
cylinder 75% to 90%.
- Boost Pressure: Boost pressure in pounds per square inch.
- Compressor efficiency: Turbocharger compressor efficiency
in percent. average turbocharger compressor efficiency 60% to 70%.
- Intercooler Temp: Temperature of cooling medium for intercooler
- Intercooler efficiency: Intercooler efficiency in percent.
Average intercooler efficiency 70% to 75%.
Copyright © 2003 Ray Hall Turbocharging.